Friday 16 July 2010

Day - 2 Toxin Demolition Day

I have woken up this morning with a really stiff neck and a headache. Not sure if it is from my yoga class last night or the lumpy pillow my husband allocated to me. 
I hope the headache is because of all the toxins that are being forcibly removed from my body - well at least that is how I want to see it. It makes me feel like it is already working.
From eating all this fresh veg and drinking so much water I have this really bland taste in my mouth which is taking a little getting used to. My mind is trying to tell me it is hunger - I am constantly trying to point out it is not.
This 3 week detox is going to be an exercise in mind control and teaching myself new habits and peeling off the old, destructive habits.

Breakfast: Porridge, berries and cinnamon.
I normally have honey with this (have heard it is better than sweeteners) but had to go without today because of the detox.

Interesting article I found about artificial sweeteners and how they can increase cravings for sugar and carbohydrates.... yikes!!
I am going to follow this blog from now on, sounds like it might be helpful!
http://www.healthyfellow.com/583/natural-health-resources/

No comments:

Post a Comment